On the 18th of May 2020, Cleveland Group help its AGM online via Zoom.
You can see the minutes here.
Welcome / Introductions
Group Leader Report
Section Reports – Joey’s, Cubs, Scouts and Ventures
Presentation of Audited Financials 2019/2020
Adoption of Budget for the current 2020/2021
Adoption of the Association of Model Rules
Message from Cnr Wendy Boglary
Message for DC Paul Tuckwood
of Office Bearers Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer
Scouting is still operating during this challenging time facing Queensland. We are developing a range of online resources for all ages that individuals can do at home and through virtual meetings to support Scout Groups in the delivery of the Youth Program.
Check out our main website for resources by clicking here.
We’ll be adding more programs and activities each week. If you’ve got a program idea send it through to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d also love to see the results of your activity so send any photos you are happy for us to publish to email@example.com
On Saturday the 19th of October, his Excellency the Honourable Paul de Jersey AC, Governor of Queensland opened the new Cleveland Scout Den. What an amazing day, even with the rain! Some tears were shed as we remembered and reflected on the old Den and now, we have an incredible future in our new building. Thank you for everyone’s help today, we could not have pulled this event off without you.
A special thank you to all our major project sponsors you helped make the new scout den a reality.
- Gambling Community Benefit Fund – for funding most of the commercial kitchen.
- Liona Constructions – Cameron Macron – for delivering a quality building at a great price.
- Capalaba Rotary – for fundraising and making a significant financial contribution to the project.
- Ashcroft Architects – Brad Ashcroft – for coming us with a great building design.
- Redlands Foundation – for providing funding for appliances and floor coverings.
- Redland City Council – Cr Wendy Boglary – for personally fundraising for our turf and funding all of the new furniture.
- Brisbane Alarm Monitoring Services – Jeremy and Virginia McEvoy for supplying and installing a security alarm and camera system.
- A1 Certifier – Michael and Karlie Van Dyck – for doing the building certification.
- Hammelmann Pty Ltd – Mark Bridger – for providing shipping containers for storage while the rebuild was underway.
- Capalaba Lions – for providing funds and the new flag pole and access pathway.
- Colonial Landscape Supplies – Scott Middleton – for proving our new turf at a great price!
- SS-Signs – Steve Lambourne – for providing all of our building signage and custom canvas artwork.
- A&T Surveying – Allan & Tania McLaughlin – for carrying out the site survey for construction.
- John Gaskell Planning Consultants – for providing planning advice.
- Claymore Contractors – for doing the new carpark re-profiling and surfacing.
- Jessica Stroja – PhD Candidate (History and migration) at Griffith University – for researching the history of the group to create our historic artworks.
- M S E Security Services P/L – for providing monitoring services while the site was being redeveloped.
Here are some photos of today’s event.
Our builder handed over our new building on Friday 16th August : 17 months and 6 days since the arson event. This is a massive success for Scouts Cleveland in this short time frame. The Cleveland sections moved into the new building on Sunday 18th August 2019 and the sections have started meeting there again from the 20th of August.
While we have keys and access to the building, there is still some maintenance work to be completed and we still have to stock the building. We have a full commercial kitchen, several rooms for storage and section use.
We are now keen to get the community using our new facility and if you are interested in hiring the hall please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been just over 14 months since our Den was destroyed by fire and construction of our new scout hall started on May 13th, 2019.
We ran a tender process that resulted in us contracting with Liona Constructions. If everything goes to plan, we should have the building finished some time in early August 2019.
We have had great support form the community, scouting and Redlands City Council since the fire that has helped us move the rebuild on quickly.
We as especially want to thank Bradley Ashcroft from Ashcroft Architects Pty Ltd who has donated all of the building design services. This was a big project as we had to work hard iterating the design to come up with a building that the group was happy with and met the communities and scouting expectations but remained with in our tight budget.
We also want to thank Michael Van Dyck from A1 Certifier Pty Ltd who donated all the building certification services. Michael live close to the den and witnessed the fire and has been a fantastic source of advice as we planned the building to make sure it meets all of the construction requirements.
Redland City Bulletin Article